Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Is change good or bad?


random....uncle "bwy-ya" (Brian geeze)






So here I am, it's 10:58 pm, I'm all alone, and I'm afraid this night is the beginning of many moons to come. It's my fate for the next year of my life.....make that the next few years. What the heck am I talking about, you ask? Well Chris started his new job last week. His new job requires traveling, lots of traveling, overnight traveling, road trips, airplane rides, traveling near and far. He will be gone tomorrow night again, then next week he will be gone in north Carolina for a week then he is home for a week then he leaves once again for another 3 days. You might as well call me a single mother. My poor children don' t even recognize their own father anymore.......SIGH........ok fine I'm being a little dramatic (not about his schedule though). No but seriously, Chris got a new job, he is now selling heart monitors to hospitals in Nevada and Arizona. Its a great opportunity, and we knew it would entail this amount of travel. It is suppose to be the worst in the beginning because the training is all over the place, and get better with time, I'm referring to the traveling of course. We decided if it's too much for me to handle and it is effecting the boys too much then he'll quit. I can say with absolute confidence that Chris would quit his job in a heart beat if I told him it was taking away from our family too much. So this is why I complain to everyone else.....so this is my delima.....On the pro side this job is a good career move, he enjoys it WAY MORE (so far, but it is still very promising), in two years he will make more money (right now he is on a guaranteed pay which is the same amount as the previous job), but the big con is the over night traveling. So I said go for it. Let me tell you something about my husband....he is never satisfied with himself, he is very driven and always looking for better opportunities. So I've always known that this "more demanding job" was in my future and I figured better now than later when the kids aren't asking "why isn't dad at my game?" Plus he now actually likes his job. How can I say no to that? I'm always the one holding him back from his full potential because I don't want to share him. But I guess not this time. we have just gotten so comfortable with life, it's nice, I never had that growing up, I mean the lack of change, always moving you see, do things always have to change?

9 comments:

Walker Family said...

Jodi, seriously call me!!!! We live right down the street, if you ever need help or need someone to stop by call me!!! I know I'm gonna have a baby soon, but our babies can just have "play dates!" I would be happy to stop by and catch up on girl gossip and talk "baby" with you! You have my number!!! Congrats to Chris, that is great news, and hopefully it turns out for the best!!

Unknown said...

Yep, you can call Sarah too - especially at 10:58 or later. We're always up that late; Sarah usually gets off between 9:30 and 11:00 these days. LATE NIGHT PARTY WITH THE WALKERS AND THE ROGANS! :)

Walker Family said...

HAHAHAHA! Sweet! Yeah Jon and I are NEVER in bed before midnight...though I should be....I'm not! Chris won't know what he's missin out on!

Derek & Kellyn said...

Just think how quickly the last few years went by... Another few years and it'll be more stable and you will get to enjoy your hubby again :) If its makes you feel better, By the time Chris is settled and not traveling, Derek will still be in medical school and when residencey hits (in 6 years!!!!), i will be the one with lonley nights :( And yes, the rumor is true! We move in this weekend. WAHOO!

Walker Family said...

Hey Jodi, I don't know your regular email address, but who is your boys pediatrition? I need to find one ASAP! You can email me at buttercup0583@Yahoo.com. Thanks!

LINDSAY said...

jodi, you have a beautiful family! i was excited to see your blog. it's always fun connecting to the past.

as for you husband being gone so much - all i can say is i know how you feel! i just keep telling -myself - i am grateful for jon having a career that he loves (most of the time:)and that enables me to stay home with our children. the kids have gotten used to daddy's schedule and we just try to make the most of it when he is around. good luck!

TuCk N JuLeS said...

I heard about Cj and Chase's heart warming homecoming! How funny . . . at least they will be back at Nana's in a week! I am excited to see everyone! Yay Lisa and Hayden, huh? :) Change is GOOD, by the way.

Kimby said...

Thanks for the call last Thursday. JD and I have been trying to share a car lately so Emma and I try to find fun and exciting things to do here at the house. We went swimming last Thursday. I will have my car this week so I'm going to be there.

cjmuraski said...

It is now a week into the longest trip I have had; two weeks. I miss my family more than ever.

I do not know, just yet, how this will effect our family in the long-run. Everything says go so far and if Jodi was not such a great mother and wife this job would not be worth it.