Sunday, October 11, 2009

Four + one

I'm pregnant!
I know many of you already know this but, yes,
once again
I am pregnant.
(and this baby will be 28 months apart from my last born,
thank you very much, just for those of you
with your mouth open still)
I am happy but it certainly seems
less
and less
and less
glamorous then your first.
a lot less.
It's just.........I don't know
not fun.
With your first,
despite all the
nausea
heartburn
sleepless nights
sadly knowing where all the bathrooms are in every store
uncomfortableness
can't breath
worrying about every little pain
just constantly worrying
big belly (which you secretly think is cute)
if the baby moved 10 times in the past half hour.......
it really is fun.
because it's all new
and
exciting.
But that's gone
I'm over it (which makes me sad)
As far as I'm concerned, until the baby arrives, being pregnant stinks
and i feel guilty because i have really easy, textbook pregnancies. Shhh
and forget the cute big belly thing by your third
ha
its not cute anymore, just big and big
so in a nutshell my stomach is
well
big.
Like so big that at 10 weeks
i HAD to bust out the maternity pants
Like so big that I'm the same size
as a first timer at 6 months
and I'm only 4
whatever
So.........
the good news is.....
it is a GIRL!
My plans, as far as child bearing are concerned,
are going according to plan,
2 boys
&
2 girls
then I am done
unless there is some divine intervention
bottom line I wouldn't keep having children if it wasn't wonderful
I mean overall
seriously I am very happy and love seeing
my little family growing
besides who doesn't love those little
smushed faces and tinny tiny toes when they come out
and even as they turn into little monsters.
who is the only one who thinks their kid is cute even with snot dripping out of their nose
only a mother
only a mother
she gets to love like no one else............
and that is worth everything.

6 comments:

Walker Family said...

OH MY GOODNESS JODI!!! CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for you!! Let me know if you need anything. That is so exciting. We need to get together soon! I am so happy for you!

Logan & Kelsey Davis said...

Congradulations Jodi! That is so exciting. And that is so exciting that you are getting a girl this time. And she will have two older brothers to protect her when she grows up. I heard Lisa and Julie are both pregnant at the same time too!! Thats so cool! Good luck with your new baby girl. And I am so excited for you.

Pam said...

I don't know what your parents were serving you girls in July, but it did the trick! Congratulations and having a girl will make it fun again...I promise. So happy for you all! XO P.S. How did Paige get on this bandwagon?

Eileen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eileen said...

A girl, how wonderful! Congratulations!

Melissa said...

Yeah! Congratulations. A girl, wow how exciting. Get ready for tons of pink stuff. I swear with 2 girls there is pink every where I look but I love it. I'm so happy for you guys.