Thursday, October 29, 2009

Yay for Swine Flu!!!

Well I couldn't be more happy
Chris has the Swine Flu!!!
Yay! We're so lucky!
I hope we don't all die.
I'll let you know what happens.
(In reality I was kinda scared, but so far, he is the only one in the fam who is sick and he is doing much better, fever broke after 4 days and it is looking up.)
The verdict is still unknown for the boys and I
(did I mention I'm pregnant, yeah I could die)
At the time I thought it a coincidence, but looking back now a blessing, but two weeks ago the boys had a pediatrician appointment and the doc mentioned on her way out "Oh by the way we just got the H1N1 vaccine in yesterday do want your kids to get it?" I was totally unprepared to answer that question, I hadn't done my research and didn't know what to do. So I made a very informed decision and one i felt very sure about and said "uh OK."
I am now very thankful we did get it because it puts my mind at ease and I don't have to worry about them getting infected so easily. (unless it's on every door handle of your house, but I won't remind myself of that)
So I just really worry about me and the babe inutero, hey Mother's can't get sick, we can't rest if we have a fever not with hungry crying children.
But of course mama's here who is pregnant, picking up infected used nose tissues, bringing in meals to the corantined room, washing his viruse infested bed sheets and the whole time wondering "how in the world am I not going to get sick?" (Lots and Lots of prayers :))
I am utterly exhausted from taking care of the boys and the piggy man 24/7 alone, and trying to get to all the Halloween parties (3 this week) alone, getting them in costumes alone (which Chase has to scream and cry like I'm torturing him every time), chasing them around at the parties alone (which means there's no way I can take any pictures), bed routine alone, just every little thing alone. I won't start on the condition of my house from lack of picking up toys and focusing on disinfecting every bathroom and surface and washing every body's sheets and clothes and blankets and pillows and anything you can put in a washing machine.
And I'm sad because Chris is missing all the cute little boy moments of costumes and candy and missing the pure joy and excitement on their little faces, I miss him being around, we are not even sleeping in the same bed, that makes me even more sad.
i'm really ok you just caught me in the middle of the drama not at the end when I have a clear head, so sorry bear with me. Any way hopefully next time I post it is to say we all made it through just fine.
P.S. and we have to miss Phantom of the Opera tomorrow night, which was my Bday present, no one can go with me because everyone has dumb Halloween plans. And I don't want to go with anyone else any way, I want to go with my husband! I think this would all be a lot easier if I lived by family, but I don't, I depend on me and Chris, there is no one else. (ok there are friends but we just moved, meaning I don't have close friends here, and all my old close friends live forever away)
ok ok I'm done complaining, ahh I feel better.

4 comments:

Derek & Kellyn said...

Hey missy. You can call on me anytime! I am happy to help. We'll pray that you dont catch the H1N1, but I dont doubt the Lord will bless you now. You're super Mom!

Walker Family said...

Ahhhh Jodi!!! I so hope things get better in your household. We are worried to death about getting the swine flu...it's scary! ugh! Can you redeem your Phantom Tickets for another night? Jon and I are going the night of the 6th. I just can't wait!!!! :) So exciting! I hope you guys get to go. And you are definitely Mom of the year with all you're going through! Hang in there!

Eileen said...

Jodi, I am so sorry but we will add him to our prayers. I think my Chris may have had it and he is in China!! You are a wonderful mom.
Love you, E

Courtney said...

Hey Jodi! Sorry it's been so long since we've talked! Can I get your new address? I would like to send you a Christmas card and I only have your old one. Maybe you could email it to me?
c-horton@cox.net
Miss you!